Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Urgent help

BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
edited 4:19PM in EggHead Forum
Got r 2" ribeyes...for T'rexing....they arrived a bit frozen...what would be the fastest way to defrost them......

• Egg And IEgg And I Posts: 110
    cryovac'd/foodsaver/ziplock with all air removed...under running cool water. Or use water at about 100-120 and use the "hot tub" method.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,573

You could hot tub them. Me, I would cook them a bit frozen for a delicious cool red centre.

Caledon, ON

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,970
    If you have a spa, Hot Tube" them, if not a bowl in the sink with hot running water, if not place on counter have a few shots of Mezcal and you won't care.
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Submerge them in water.I use slightly warm water(if I'm in a hurry),but I think that it's better than the microwave :whistle: ;)
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: great Richard!!!!!
    TKS Budy!!!!! salud!!!! ;)
    Sparky........Gracias mi amigo!!
    OK buddy............. Gracias!!
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    You might also consider a reverse TREX -- put them on at 250, until the center is 95-100 and then pull them, kick up the fire and let them rip on each side.

It is technique you will want to learn for things like prime rib, anyway.
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Cold water in a bag is the best.

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,171
    Or you could set light to a 100 year old oak stump and toss them in.....
  • I agree with you - reverse t-rex is outstanding!
    TKS Mike......just ate the most incredible rib eyes will post later ;)