Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Page OverlapQuestion

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This may sound like a stupid question but why would some parts of my Forum page overlap other parts? Take a look:

ForumPageOverlap.jpg

See how some of it overlaps. I've spent the better part of an hour changing 'appearance' and settings and nothing seems to work.

But I can open the Forum in Firefox and there's no overlap.

I've already discounted the Communists being up to their old tricks again so it must be me.

Any suggestions to fix it would be deeply depreciated.

Spring "The Fix Is On" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Dump IE. :) You'll be better off in the long run. Too many good things about FF to limit youself to IE. It took me a solid month of forcing myself to use FF and after that peroid I've only used IE when forced to interface with work from home. They don't support FF. :S
  • Klag
    Klag Posts: 208
    offliner wrote:
    Dump IE. :)

This is excellent advice not just for the specific issue mentioned but for MANY other reasons including security.

Firefox is great, Chrome is okay but still better then IE.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    This firefox that everyone speaks of (including my brother) does it take the place of internet security programs? I have Norton but it has expired so Im looking for something to replace it with free. I think firefox is free right?
  • No. Firefox and IE are to internet browsers as BMW and Ford are to cars. All can get you there, but Firefox is more secure (today, tomorrow may be different).

They are interchangeable, but do not replace any functionality from a good firewall/anti-virus software like Norton, or my favorites: AVG and/or ZoneAlarm. nothing is perfectly safe, but some are safer than others.

Re-up your Norton. Its the simplest and safest way since it's what you have now. Then download Firefox (firefox.com) and use it when you can. You'll still need IE (some sites require it), but I use Firefox 99.9% of the time without issues.