Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

plans for BGE tables

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just bought the large BGE yesterday and had one of the best steaks I've had last night. I noted the tables that can be purchased but I want to build my own. Anyone out there built any unique tables or stands for their Eggs? I also wanted to put a gas burner in the table top for cooking with a skillet outdoors. I have natural gas at the location where the Egg will go.[p]Thanks

Comments

• Hank Bumgardner,I have a plan I got from the BGE store in Atlanta several year ago. I built my table with it. Its not real detailed plan but it worked. I modifed it for caster wheels and routed the edges. If you want it I could fax it to you. Sorry,I don't have a scanner. Beaver

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Hank Bumgardner,[p]One of the best set ups I have come across is at the link below. It was owned by our former Webmaster before passing on to a far better place. I know this is not actual plans but, perhaps this picture can give you some ideas.

[ul][li]Tables[/ul]
  • Grumpa
    Bob,[p]Sorry about the bad link. Look up Webmaster in the Visitor Profiles and you will see the picture. I don't know why I can't link it properly to his profile.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Bob,[p]The technical answer to your question about the difficulties of linking to the profiles is that frames are evil. That being said, here's the link
  • Grumpa
    Cornfed,[p]Thanks. I see the errors of my ways. I linked the profile rather than the properties of the picture itself. You are truly a computer Guru that can cook :~)

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Hank Bumgardner, Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question. The BGE former webmaster was a excellent housekeeper and provided references that we can refer to from time to time. On the Home page is listed accessories and from that thread you can find the free plans provided by BGE. Many of us have modified or improved on those drawings. If you plan on getting the cover for the table, stay within the tolerances as printed for width and length.
    Http://biggreenegg.com/table-plan.htm
    Lets see if the link works..and jump in anytime for help.
    C~W[p]

[ul][li] Table Plans[/ul]
  • Bob,[p]Thanks everyone for all the help. Sorry my question set off a firestorm of debate. I think I am going to pattern my table from the photo in the link but add a gas burner for cooking in a skillet. I also want to put doors on the front and some drawers for tools, etc. I want a tile top. The hole for the umbrella was a great idea.[p]Thanks again
  • Grumpa
    Hank B,[p]You are most welcome and that is what this forum is all about. We try to help each other and one day you will be helping us back.

• Hank Bumgardner,[p] I started with the plans on the BGE Site (see C~W's post) and modified them a bit. First, I wanted a cover to fit over the setup, and second, I don't have a large amount of space so I wanted a smaller table than the plans call for. So, I took the dimensions of the smaller of the two BGE table covers (see their products page) and made a large BGE table with the smaller dimensions. Since that didn't leave me much table space, I added a fold-up section that comes up in between the handles. Also, if you want the table to be portable, look into getting some *big* wheels. I keep me BGE on a brick patio so casters are impractical (keep getting stuck on the joints between the bricks). I went to the farm store and bought a 1/2" axle bar and two 10" steel mower wheels. Now I can move the table around like a wheel barrow pretty easily. I would think you could mount a burner on a table pretty easily. Depending on how much weight you plan to place on the burner and how big you want the table to be, you might even be able to mount it on a fold up section to keep it out of the way when you're not using it.[p]MikeO
  • egg_table.jpg
    <p />Here are some pics![p]MikeO
  • Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    MikeO,
    I like the way you did that! I'm really interested in the extension supports. What did you use and would you mind e-mailing me a description? My table holds two. A small & a large. With a fold down leaf on the end opposite the handles and a fold down leaf on the front working side.[p]Thanks, [p]Dr. Chicken

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    MikeO, beautiful job. Nicely arranged for work area's.[p]
  • McKevin
    McKevin Posts: 47
    Hank Bumgardner,[p]Whew,[p]If the fireworks are over, may I submit (taking no credit whatsoever) the following link (I hope) to JJ's double rig.[p]Kevin

[ul][li]JJs profile / picture[/ul]
  • Brant
    Brant Posts: 82
    MikeO,[p]Very nice! The extra workspace that folds up so that the cover can fit is a great idea. Good job![p]Brant

• Dr. Chicken,[p] I looked around at the local home improvement stores and finally decided to try a pair of "drop-down table leaf supports." They're really made for indoor "drop-down" style end tables, but seem to work pretty well outdoors, too. Still haven't tried to see how much weight they'll really support, but I don't plan to be putting 100 lbs on that part of the table anyway. The best thing about these particular supports is that they lock into place automatically when you extned the fold-up section. When you're done, you just push down on the joints and they fold back down. Only tricky thing is that you have to pay attention to where the two ends screw down. I had to add another cross-mamber to the table because the supports needed to attach farther back than a line drawn straight down form the hinges. There was a picture on the bag the supports came in, but I destroyed the picture when I ripped the bag open. Had me guessing for a while![p]MikeO