Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

try this pizza dough!

chefreyguy12
chefreyguy12 Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Its easy, it involves a little planning ahead but you don't even get the kitchenaid duty. It is the best dough yet. found it on tastingtable.com . you sign up for the website and they email you new restaurants recipes, beers, all to do with nyc. try the dough, its really good stuff.

Comments

• PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Are you going to post the recipe?

cheers!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Man! That looks easy! :blink:

BTW, Thanks for the order. ;)

Mike
  • PWise
    hehe what looks easy? i didn't see anything...

and... what order are you talking about? hehe :whistle:
  • sorry i guess a recipe would help.
    No-Knead Pizza Dough
    Adapted from Jim Lahey, Co.
    Makes four 12-inch pizza crusts

3 cups all-purpose or bread flour, more for dusting
    ¼ teaspoon instant yeast (such as SAF brand)
    1½ teaspoons salt
    1½ cups water
    1. In a large bowl, mix the flour with the yeast and salt. Add the water and stir until blended (the dough will be very sticky). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rest for 12 to 24 hours in a warm spot, about 70°.
    2. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and lightly sprinkle the top with flour. Fold the dough over on itself once or twice, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
    3. Divide the dough into 4 pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Generously sprinkle a clean cotton towel with flour and cover the dough balls with it. Let the dough rise for 2 hours.
    4. Stretch or toss the dough into the desired shape, cover with toppings and bake on top of a very hot pizza stone.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Is this It?
    No-Knead Pizza Dough
    Adapted from Jim Lahey, Co.
    Makes four 12-inch pizza crusts

3 cups all-purpose or bread flour, more for dusting
    ¼ teaspoon instant yeast (such as SAF brand)
    1½ teaspoons salt
    1½ cups water
    1. In a large bowl, mix the flour with the yeast and salt. Add the water and stir until blended (the dough will be very sticky). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rest for 12 to 24 hours in a warm spot, about 70°.
    2. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and lightly sprinkle the top with flour. Fold the dough over on itself once or twice, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
    3. Divide the dough into 4 pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Generously sprinkle a clean cotton towel with flour and cover the dough balls with it. Let the dough rise for 2 hours.
    4. Stretch or toss the dough into the desired shape, cover with toppings and bake on top of a very hot pizza stone.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Opps sorry did not see your post until I hit send.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Sorry, Man! That was intended for Freyguy. I didn't see anything, either. That's the only thing I can't get used to on this format...I keep forgetting to go back to the original post before I reply. Old Dog ...not learning too many new tricks.

Mike
  • PWise
    heheh no prob at all! I was just wondering what I had bought without me knowing! heheh :laugh:

BTW what do you sell? is it egg-related?

cheers,
  • Lawn Ranger
    Some folks think so. www.lawnrangerbbq.com