Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pulled pork enchiladas

MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well back around the 9th of January I cooked a fresh ham.

ToNIGHT I took some of that pulled pork outta the freezer and mixed with sauted onions and garlic and various hot sauces. heated some corn tortillas in a wet paper towel and filled with the mixture.

they are currently cooking. By the way i topped with enchilada sauce and Plenty"o" cheese

I will write back and give the up date on flavor :cheer: :woohoo:
·

Comments

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey Jan,sounds great,and I bet the smell is even better :woohoo: Glad to see you got your chit worked out ;)
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Dang, sounds good Jan! -RP
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I saw this post the other day:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=578824&catid=1#

we did these and they were great...my wife found a recipe for Mexican rice on the internet and it was perfect with the enchilidas...sorry no pics...
    ·
  • They were great werent they.

We had a pan of pulled pork enchiladas last night with spanish rice.

We also make them from left over egged chicken or turkey. Even made some a season ago out of wild pheasant.

Enjoy ;)

Mike
    ·
  • NilsNils Posts: 82
    Those should have been great!

My wife suprised me by taking some of the pulled pork leftovers and did the same thing last month - made enchiladas out of them.

Pretty tasty!
    ·