Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pineapple

Marc  from IL
Marc from IL Posts: 499
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hum, What should I do with this??
IMG_6960.jpg

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    :pinch: Man, that can be a dangerous question with this crowd, Makes me think of Little Nicky.

I copied this from my site, we love this! HTH.

Carnivore BBQ sauce& Pineapple Shrimp sautee
    1 bottle of Carnivore BBQ Sauce
    2lbs of shrimp(peeled and deveined)
    1 can of pineapple (20oz)
    1 tblespn of cornstarch.

Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Pour Carnivore BBQ Sauce into saute pan and heat until it starts to bubble. Immediately add shrimp, then add pineapple.Turn shrimp as needed to cook. When Shrimp are cooked, remove shrimp and pineapple onto serving plate. Stir cornstarch into reserved pineapple juice. Add reserved pineapple juice to sauce pan and stir until sauce thickens. Spoon sauce over shrimp and pineapple, garnish if wanted. Enjoy!
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Sorry Rick is not around to post some of his EGGtastic pictures.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/eggtoberfest2008.pdf
  • Cur off the top, bottom and outside. Stand it up and cut straight down then cut those two pieces straight down. Cut out the core. Put the four chunks in a ziplock with a cup of brown sugar and a little rum or balsamic vinegar. Let sit in fridge for a couple hours. Grill at 350 for about 10 minutes turning once. Remove from grill and slice. Best pineapple you will ever eat.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    You could try this...with Mahi Mahi & pineapple salad......
    DSCN1605.jpg
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Looks good as usual now fess up and tell us if you just use your favorite rub for the shrimp and the pineapple juices do the rest during the cook.The way those look caramelized I would think that was caused by the juices running out of the pineapple.Is that assumption right?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Partially. I had marinated the shrimp prior to skewering them in a teriyaki mixture. They were brushed with the pineapple juice during the cook.
  • Cut it into slices or wedges and sprinkle with brown sugar and a little cayenne pepper. Grill those puppies and then put them on some good vanilla ice cream.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Thanks for the heads up.They looked a little wet as opposed to just a dry rub.Ti's time to play with the food again.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Here is another option, Dessert, Fruit, Richard Fl

Here is one way I like to do bananas, peaches, pears and apples, pineapple rings or wedges..

BANANAS.jpg

Preparation:
    1/4 cup Turbindo sugar.
    1/2 cup Pecans, Walnuts, Macademia, Almond or combination, Coarsley Chopped
    1/4 cup Coconut Flakes, Coarsley Chopped
    4 Tbs Butter, Melted
    1/2 oz Gran Marnier, Amaretto, Myers Rum, Orange or Banana Liquer, Malibu Coconut Rum, (Optional)
    Whip Cream to Garnish

Procedure:
    1 For an interesting dessert, take the coconut flakes, nuts, turbindo sugar, melted butter, and mix with a little, (your choice) gran marnier, amaretto, or liquer of choice or orange juice. Mix into a thick paste. Cut bananas in half lengthwise with skin on,(skin is great after heated) peaches or pears. After the main dish is cooked and the BGE is being shutdown. I place the fruit on the grid (skin on)with the mixture covering the fruit and turn the puppy off. 15-25 minutes later, after the main course is finished, the dessert is ready. Top with blueberries, raspberries,whipped cream, ice cream or whatever you prefer.

Recipe Type
    Dessert

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2007/02/22
  • Nils
    Nils Posts: 82
    From the looks of that picture, I'd say wait a week to let it ripen, then follow any of the ideas above!

:laugh:
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Man...that looks great...
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Buster Dog BBQ wrote:
    Cur off the top, bottom and outside. Stand it up and cut straight down then cut those two pieces straight down. Cut out the core. Put the four chunks in a ziplock with a cup of brown sugar and a little rum or balsamic vinegar. Let sit in fridge for a couple hours. Grill at 350 for about 10 minutes turning once. Remove from grill and slice. Best pineapple you will ever eat.
    Now this sounds good
  • I like about an ounce of rum. Of all the things I have made on the egg, this is the simplist and probably best tasting. The flavor really pops.
  • Buster Dog BBQ wrote:
    I like about an ounce of rum. Of all the things I have made on the egg, this is the simplist and probably best tasting. The flavor really pops.
    \Oh Great! I poured about half a fifth of Captain Morgans in the bag
  • Hey, it's all good.