Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mr Toad's FAMOUS Pork Loin

Clarky
Clarky Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got everything prepared...... Egg at 350 with 4.3 lb Loin; any ideas on how long it will take?

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Clarky,[p]Do you have a meat thermometer at hand? Pull the pork loin at 145°F internal, let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Don't know how you're stuffing it so, in general, look for 145°F to be reached in 75 to 95 minutes.[p]Puj

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Puj,
    I cooked one last night and it took a little over a hour to reach 145°.Here is a picture of one I cooked a couple of weeks ago.The one last night was just like it.Publix has these already stuffed.
    Larry

[ul][li]Pork Florentine[/ul]
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    YB,[p]Yep, time is somewhat tough to predict which is why we all reach for our thermometers...[p]Wishing the Ward family a Happy Easter,[p]Puj
  • Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    YB,
    Wow, your photo looks very very very very very tasty. Did I mention very tasty! I have made several Mr TOad variations - each with its own intersting flavor. Your spinach stuffing is something I really would like to try. Could you please share your stuffing ingredients/recipe with me?

• Clarky
    Clarky Posts: 16
    Puj, YB,
    Thanks to both. I have Polder inserted but hadn't done this technique before and was looking for an approx. cooktime.[p]Happy Holiday!

• YB
    Puj,
    Just got back home...We hope your family has a great Easter.
    Larry

• YB
    Banker John,
    I have been buying the pork loin from Publix super market already stuffed.The stuffing is three different kinds of cheese and spinach.All of the cheese is white.
    Larry