Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

6 LB Butt

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's 6:00 AM and I got a 6 lb butt on Greenie. It warmed up to 400 for a short while, but it's coming back down now as I've cranked the dampers down to slightly less than a quarter inch on the bottom and a bit less than half open on the rotary control up top. After 15 minutes it is down below 300 on the dome thermometer, and I'll try and stabilize it at 225. Looking for dinner in about 12-13 hours![p]Happy Easter, everyone (if that's your persuasion)![p]BBS

Comments

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    Good luck to your butt! I just took a turkey breast from the brine, dried it off and set back in the fridge nekkid for a few hours. Will cook it at 350° dome with orange wood (thanks to my neighbor) and have sammiches this afternoon on fresh, homemade kaiser rolls (speaking of which, does any one have a recipe for cooking these in a ceramic?).[p]Happy Easter back at ya!

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    Looks like it's gonna be a pulled pork Easter. We have an 8 pounder thats been on since last night. Had some trouble getting the fire going initially (didn't want to stay lit for some reason), but it's holding it's own now. Hoping to have sammiches for lunchtime. We are doing ours on Sunbeam buns with Bob Sykes BBQ Sauce. Mmmmm Mmmmmm Good! [p]~nikki