Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baby Back Ribs

PCO3PCO3 Posts: 50
edited 9:05PM in EggHead Forum
I have managed to make great ribs on my Egg, but not the way I really like them. I am looking for instruction as to how to get the meat to be even more tender and just fall off the bone. Almost like a pulled pork consistency. Any help is appreciated.
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    PCO3,
    Wrapping in foil for an hour or so after the first couple-3 hours on the cooker will help steam the meat a bit to give you the texture you are looking for. Then finish em off direct for a spell to refreshen the crust. Experiment with different lengths of time in the foil, and even adding sauce or liquid when you foil them.[p]Hope that helps a tad. Sure is fun experimenting!
    Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • PCO3PCO3 Posts: 50
    Nature Boy,
    Thank you, I am anxious to give it a try.

·
  • PCO3PCO3 Posts: 50
    Nature Boy,
    I actually used ribs I had cooked on direct heat for 1 1/2 hours then refrigerated. I didn't like the results (weren't fall'n off the bone enough) but didn't want to throw out and is why I asked the question. I took the ribs out of the frig, slathered with Cincy's own Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce and wrapped with foil. I cooked at 250 degree for 2 hours and removed from foil and cooked additional 30 hour direct. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!! Texture and taste is restaurant quality and exactly what I was looking for. Shared with neighbors on boths sides and they thought I had brought carry-out from the local rib joint. My wife who is not a meat lover absolutely flipped over these things -- she thanked me for finding a receipe she could eat off the Egg. Even my 7 and 5 years olds ate them. This one is going into the BBQ journal. Many Many Thanks for your help!

·