Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Ribs

PCO3
PCO3 Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have managed to make great ribs on my Egg, but not the way I really like them. I am looking for instruction as to how to get the meat to be even more tender and just fall off the bone. Almost like a pulled pork consistency. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    PCO3,
    Wrapping in foil for an hour or so after the first couple-3 hours on the cooker will help steam the meat a bit to give you the texture you are looking for. Then finish em off direct for a spell to refreshen the crust. Experiment with different lengths of time in the foil, and even adding sauce or liquid when you foil them.[p]Hope that helps a tad. Sure is fun experimenting!
    Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • PCO3
    Nature Boy,
    Thank you, I am anxious to give it a try.

• PCO3
    Nature Boy,
    I actually used ribs I had cooked on direct heat for 1 1/2 hours then refrigerated. I didn't like the results (weren't fall'n off the bone enough) but didn't want to throw out and is why I asked the question. I took the ribs out of the frig, slathered with Cincy's own Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce and wrapped with foil. I cooked at 250 degree for 2 hours and removed from foil and cooked additional 30 hour direct. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!! Texture and taste is restaurant quality and exactly what I was looking for. Shared with neighbors on boths sides and they thought I had brought carry-out from the local rib joint. My wife who is not a meat lover absolutely flipped over these things -- she thanked me for finding a receipe she could eat off the Egg. Even my 7 and 5 years olds ate them. This one is going into the BBQ journal. Many Many Thanks for your help!