Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza temp

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
what temperature and other suggestions for baking pizza on the green ovum

Comments

• 500-550.
    Be sure the stone is up to temp before adding the pizza.
  • My best attempts have had the crust precooked on a 400 degree egg for 7 or 8 minutes, then take semi-cooked crust off, add your toppings, and cook at 550 degress for 8-10 minutes. I also use three of the little green feet between the platesetter and pizza stone, and parchment paper on your stone really helps for loading/offloading. Good luck!
  • Temperature depends on your setup and dough recipe. I like plate setter, feet up, grid, pizza stone. Actually, I like the plate setter, feet up, spider pointed up, and then pizza stone to get the pizza higher in the dome. The plate setter takes the direct heat avoiding hot spots on the stone. As mentioned earlier, preheat the stone very well.

While I usually shoot for 500 - 550 on the stone, that's way too hot if you have any sugar in your dough recipe. The sugar will burn too quickly. A dough of just flour, salt, yeast, and water can take much more heat. Lots of luck :)

592-neopolitan-pizza.png
  • I used to do 600-650 but was having a little trouble with the crust getting burnt. I tried 500-550 and that worked fine till recently. The last two pizzas I cooked came out great except that the dough wasn't cooked all the way through!

So I think I'm going to try cooking at 600 again.
  • Okeejohn
    Okeejohn Posts: 297
    How do you know....actually take the temperature of the stone or keep it in the BGE for a certain period of time at a certain pit temp.

Okeejohn
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    600 Ny Style
    800 + italian style or Neopolitan
    400 -+ American sytle
    350 chicago style
    350 + deep dish

1000 deg Neopolitan style for 3 mins
    182671499_NuVT2-L.jpg