Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dealer Help

Options
glousteau
glousteau Posts: 124
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking to buy an egg, but am concerned about which dealer to buy from (somewhat based on comments I've read here). The local dealers that biggreenegg.com recommends seem to be mulch or propane stores and really don't seem to be in the business of selling eggs.

I'm in the Columbus Ohio area, does anyone recommend a dealer around here? I'm actually in Powell (north west).

Any other ways to find a reputable dealer that might know a thing or two about eggs? This site seems great, but it would also be nice to have some local help or atleast guidance when purchasing.

thanks

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Go to www.biggreenegg.com

You can search for dealers by zip code. Good luck, maybe somebody close to OSU will post to you.
  • glousteau
    glousteau Posts: 124
    Options
    I called all the dealers within 25 miles that answered their phones. Found one that has a M, (2) L, and a XL on display. Think I'm going to go buy a L tomorrow, maybe today if I can get off of work early. I was very surprised to notice the price difference between dealers - more than $100 on the egg and almost $50 on the nest...

Thanks for this forum and guidance - you've pushed me over the edge now and I just have to have one.

I've read a bit about breaking in the gasket, but are there any other break in procedures I need to do?

thanks