Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wing Sauces

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been looking to expand my wing sauce inventory. I've used Evan Williams (from Heaven Hill distilleries) Wing sauce and found that to my liking. Wondering if anyone has experience with Hooter's, Suck Creek or other sauces. Thanks for your opinions.

MM
·

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    I have tried all the Suck Creek sauces. They are very good. I highly reccomend them. good luck to all. Tom
    ·
  • I am a big fan of Hot Chiks out of Elijay, Georgia.
    ·
  • I like Texas Pete....especially when mixed 1:1 with this:

SweetSourSmokeySauce.jpg

Always THE favorite when new folks taste a batch of wings.
    ·
  • BushgatorBushgator Posts: 105
    We just bought and returned some Hooters sauce at Wal- Mart the other day really bad , they have changed the formula its not thick with butter any more it is real runny thin and the taste is NOT the same and it was the hot one not the mild sauce. Anyone know whats up with that?
    ·
  • JPFJPF Posts: 591
    I like many wing sauces but as of late I have been just keeping it real simple. Dust the wings in dp jamaican firewalk and cook. Then I sauce with a mixture of Frank's redhot sauce and melted butter I use about 1:1 ratio and a Tbs of soy sauce. I brush this on the last bit of the cook to just coat it.

012009a004.jpg

120608005.jpg
    ·
  • how does everyone cook these?

direct / indirect
    steamed and then cooked high temp (Alton Brown)
    boil them grill - trex
    how long

One of the reason Alton Brown steams first was to remove fat because 400 deg he used to get crispy wings would smoke a lot if fat was not reduced. not sure this would matter outdoors.

Anthony
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    My personal favorite is The Original
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    I'm getting old, I can't read the label....
    ·
  • JPFJPF Posts: 591
    I like them 350f to 400f direct on raised grid around 40 mins or so. I usually flip them once then sauce and flip again.
    052308033.jpg
    052308034.jpg
    ·
  • Uncle Dougies - wing marinade out of Chicago. Good stuff.
    ·