Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TRex's steak method

Options
bigmikej
bigmikej Posts: 216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I have now tried this method on filets, strips, and now flank steak. It works great on all three. For the flank steak, sear at 750 for 2 min/side then remove and let rest for 20 min. Then put back on egg at 400 for 2 more min/side. A perfect juicy tender med-rare. Used a marinade overnight and then dusted with Dizzy Cow Lick Rub. Delicious![p]Mike
[ul][li]TRex's Steak Method[/ul]

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Mike,[p]Thanks for the report on the flank steak. I have yet to try this cut of beef (other than for jerky), but certainly am encouraged to do so now.[p]TRex
  • buffy
    buffy Posts: 9
    Options
    bigmikej,[p]Great to hear about your success. TRex is a good friend of mine. He introduced me to his sear/dwell method last year. I have spent some time comparing his method against high temp./no dwell cooks using the exact same cuts of meat. There's a difference. Based on his sources and our experiences, the dwell seems to help break down the connecting fibers.