Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoking Cholla grand opening

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went up to Tempe today for the grand opening of Smoking Cholla, a brand new BGE store. This is the couple that put on the Tempe fest. Here is out front.

The guy in the red shirt to the left is Bordello.
P1030173Small.jpg

Here is Boogie doing a little shopping.
P1030176Small.jpg

Good supply of WG, RO, and BGE.
P1030179Small.jpg

Here is our hosts Bekke and Scott. -RP
P1030182Small.jpg

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Best of luck to them. Fine people and hard workers!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    wishing Bekke and Scott good luck in their venture.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Randy,

Great stuff but why are all those people walking around in shorts and t-shirts. They'll catch a death. :unsure:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• AZRP
    Options
    Eat your heart out compadre. :laugh: -RP
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Looks great at a lot of levels -- I can hardly wait to get back to short weather.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I wish them the best of luck and all the success they can handle! Thanks for posting Randy.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Thanks for posting the pictures Randy. I'm missing the grand opening by 2 weeks.:( I'll be going up there anyway this trip because I need to get an egg. Know anyone in Scottsdale that's needs a Weber. :) Looks like the weather was beautiful as always.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Randy,

Yer killin me here :laugh: I'm gonna post tonights dinner in a bit. Check out the blowing snow.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Seidegger
    Options
    Bought my green egg today at their store...great people, great store...they are going to do amazingly well! I would refer anyone in Arizona to them!
  • mcdraw
    mcdraw Posts: 89
    Options
    AZRP

Do they sell other grills/smokers or just BGE? Looks like a nice setup albeit a bit of a drive for you to buy your lump. ;) Spent some time walking Sabino Canyon this past October. Beautiful area. It was -17 yesterday in the Chicago area. I was telling my wife that a guy from the forum was talking about a bunch of limes falling from his trees and making margaritas with them. This was while I was shoveling 8 inches of new snow!! Although I'm Irish and I melt in hot weather, Arizona is starting to look a lot better to me.
  • AZRP
    Options
    Yeah I spent from 1953 to 1969 in Naperville, so I'm familiar with the climate. Can't say I miss it though. -RP
  • AZRP
    Options
    Yeah, I gotta believe it was about 80 degrees, I'll take that in January anytime. -RP
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Wish them the best. Tough time to be opening a store but they got some great products AND people got to eat! ;)
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    Options
    Bekke, Alain, and I just want to say thanks to everyone that came out to the store and those that wished they could be there. I know we all had a great time meeting everyone and seeing some old friends again. A special thanks to AZRP, Bordello, Al, and the others that are quick to help out those that didn't know how to use their current Egg or to those who had never seen the Egg before. I look forward to many more events in the future.

There were a couple of questions about what grill we sold and things we carried. Right now we carry only Big Green Eggs. In the future were looking at bringing on several others but the last thing we want to become is the typical bbq store with 90% stainless steel gas grills. One thing I've learned is if you don't love what you sell either you'll never hate it or it'll bore you to tears. In addition to Eggs we carry most Eggcessories, BBQ Guru's, Super Peels, Dizzy Pig, Wicked Good, Real Montana Charcoal, Royal Oak, and BGE charcoal. We also have about 7 different smoking wood chunks.

The store will be open on Saturdays and Sundays between 11 and 5 except I think we will be closing down for the Cardinals miraculously going to the Super Bowl. We're also open during the week by appointment so if someone needs something during the week we can get it to them.

Once again, thanks for all the well wishes and support. We look forward to the future!
  • Boogie
    Boogie Posts: 137
    Options
    Good luck, Scott. Thanks for having us and for carrying Dizzy Pig in AZ. I've got a good selection now.
  • Wanabe
    Wanabe Posts: 355
    Options
    Scott and Bekkie

Sorry we could not make the grand opening. Looks like you all had a good time. Thanks AZRP for the pics.

Danny & Claudia