Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Granny's hot dawgs

vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was a great day to cook on the BGE. I wanted to try different things. Here is the first one for the day.

My cousin, Hugh Hardy owns Carroll's Sausage & Meats in S Ga. www.carrollssausageandmeats.com is their website. Hugh also has his own local cooking show and a cookbook out on Amazon.

He often has his grandmother, my aunt Ruth on his cooking show. She is 87 and a real Pip. Anyway on one of his shows Ruth is talking about her "special" hotdogs. The recipe is:

all beef franks
a CI skillet
1/2 stick butter
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt

So today I fired up the small and set it up raised grid direct. I let the Egg get to 375 degrees at the dome. I put the CI skillet in for 5 minutes and then melted the butter. Once the butter was melted I put in the 3 spices and stirred into the butter. I put the hot dogs in the skillet and cooked them until they were nice & brown. Ginny had made coleslaw and heated up hotdog chili. Two of these bad boys and a nap was imminent. The spices were really great on the dogs and I doubt I will do them any other way.

Ball Park Franks going in the pan

IMG_1191-1.jpg

almost ready

IMG_1192-1.jpg

I ate one with no condiments on it... :silly:

IMG_1193-1.jpg

and one with everything :woohoo:

IMG_1194-1.jpg

Comments