Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Posting from iPod Touch!

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings all,

I'm posting this from my wife's new iPod Touch.

The forum looks GREAT! And the multitouch screen rocks.

I'm on the home wi-fi network which runs much faster than 3G.

WPB

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    I've never posted from mine but will have to check it out.
  • It's great! The forum pages look EXACTLY like they do on your PC (go Safari!). And the multitouch screen lets you use two fingers to zoom in and out, and one finger to scroll up,down, left, or right... just like John King on CNN with his "magic big-screen" he used during the election.

My wife liked the "shopping list" application, so she's all excited now about going to Publix... LOL

It would be nice if there were some kind of automatic coupon support based on your shopping list. The other feature that would be helpful is electronic coupons, so you could just plug in to a USB port at the checkout (like the keyring flash drives) and have them automaticaly deal with your coupons. Seems like it would be to the stores advantage and much more efficient since checkout wouldn't have to deal with paper coupons.
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Hey WPB...

I'm so jealous - I want one of those so bad.

Since I see you on here, I'm hijacking this thread...

Can you please put the Florida Eggfest Banner up now?

Here's the URL:

http://www.floridaeggfest.com

Also, please remove the old sticky post.

You guys have the banner image and were going to change the dates to March 20th and 21st, 2009 for me.

Getting it up will keep me from having to put a million posts out here on the forum to keep it at the top of the page :evil:
  • You are starting to become a Mac-Addict!

Acquiring Mac-related accessories is as problematic as eggcessories!

I got a Time Capsule (after losing stuff on my MacBook HD crash) and we love having it back up both laptops every hour!

I also bought an Apple TV and LOVE IT! Not only can we rent (or buy) movies, we get free You Tube videos and for Christmas, I had it randomly displaying a slide show of Chirtmases past while shuffling through an iTunes Christmas collection. Great background for all the family visiting!

Once you've gone Mac, you'll NEVER go back!

Wishlist - new iMac with 20' screen (lots of GB's RAM - for photo and a little video work).
  • Tonia,

Starting on your banner right now.

Wayne
  • Not an addict maybe (yet), but certainly becoming, as McDonalds would say, a "heavy user"... B)

The more I deal with the Apple folks, even with some minor issues I've had along the way, (which they dealt with in a VERY satisfactory and professional manner) the more I see that "scuttling" the pirates in Redmond and their "Windows Tax" is the way to go... at least for me.

And I do like Apple's business model... The idea of the hardware AND software coming from the same vendor as well as their brick-and-mortar store-fronts, with the free training and "Genius Bar", and their website, and iTunes... I dunno, it made a compelling case for change.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Is everything ok with my registration? Just want to make sure. I got the Paypal conf. but then I got your email after that saying the registration wasn't open.
  • That last sentence is starting to sound like a certain politician :sick:

My MacBook had a few issues and was fixed promptly and at no charge (did opt for the AppleCare plan). Even got a new battery last month (no charge) when the "Genius" ran a test on it (2 1/2 years old) and I walked out of the store with a new battery!

My wife has to use a Window-only program when working from home, so I got her a MacBook with Parallels. Windows Xp works like a charm, except , of course for the inevitable frequent Windows lockups/crashes! Amazing!
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    I was thinking of getting one but I wondered how the forum would look now I know thanks.
  • Just posted this from my iPhone!! Forum looks identical to a PC.
  • Yep, I halfway wish I'd gotten the iPhone, but the touch is super duper. I'm having more fun than a barrel of monkeys. For 99 cents you can download a wireless connection manager that shows stuff about all the wireless networks in range. Walk around your neighborhood and figure out which neighbors haven't a clue about securing their networks. But if you want a real surprise, walk into a Sam's Club and see what happens, lol! Holy shazaaam!
    The Naked Whiz
  • Chappy
    Chappy Posts: 198
    I'll bite. What happens at Sam's?
  • Camano
    Camano Posts: 134
    Took my Itouch to Sa Jose Del Cabo in Mexico and used it for email and a bit of web surfing, great tool
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    hey cool!

i posted to the forum three years ago from my blackberry, FWIW. heh heh heh
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Anne,

I'm working my way back through all the registrations that happened before the site was ready.

I just went out to PayPal and the only 2 paypal transactions I have are from:

1) Youngblood
    2) Summers

I don't see anything from you at all, so I don't believe that the registration processed correctly. The funds aren't showing up at all.

I think it's probably best if you tried it again. We're still having an issue with Paypal, but it's sporadic. Some are coming through and others not.

As a Plan B, you can always register, pretend you'll write a check and hit the "Print and Submit" button instead of the Paypal one, and that will that will complete your registration and give you a total amount. Then, you could go out to Paypal, and submit a payment to Lazy Gator Q Crew in the amount of the registration.

Sorry for the difficulty. Sporadic problems are hard to troubleshoot. I'm confident we'll get it figured out.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Now that we have advanced that far...maybe you can figure out why I have to click on "default" font size..to be able to read the forum if I clear my cookies..don't consider myself the brightest bulb by any means...but I also don't need to look up the definition of "default" to realize...something aint right in mayberry..or blackbeery or Ipod...when the forum font is so small that it can't be read...default shouldn't be an option..it should be "default"..
  • I read the forum every night with my iPhone before bed.

It relaxes me. :-)
  • It was the ease of navigation that I liked, that and the rendering, so you could see the whole page scaled down and then scale to zoom in for things like login, then zoom back a little to read the posts... which I read after having turned it sideways to go into wide screen (it has a sensor to detect orientation) so the posts were easier to read, and the scrolling up and down by sliding your finger made sifting through the latest posts easy... of course being able to do all this while lying splayed on the sofa is the best part. ;)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    yeah. pretty cool. the 'old' blackberries could load html sites, instead of those crsppy 'mobile' versions you sometimes see.

still, pretty slow, and instead of the actual scale page, you'd get all the stuff dumped in as a string of crap.

i'd have an iphone right the frig now if the email were live. i need live email for my biz....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Wess,

I'd check my browser settings to see that the default for the browser is set to View/Text Size/Medium (in Internet Explorer). We store your font size selection in a cookie, so if you clear cookies the forum should revert to the default font.... I believe we default to small font as default, so you'll have to set the font size you want after clearing cookies.

At some point we should probably make this stored as part of the users profile, so when they first log in we set the font to the default they wish to use.
  • Boogie
    Boogie Posts: 137
    My family is addicts as well. 2 iPhones, an iMac, 3 iPods, an iBook, 1 Airport express, and a Time Capsule (which serves as my router). I've got both machines backing up twice a day. I use my Airport Express only to attach to my home stereo to listen to iTunes on my home stereo wirelessly. I do not have Apple TV, yet. I was holding out hoping that the next version is a DVR as well.