Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Quadro" burger

Options
gdenby
gdenby Posts: 6,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
(Hoping that the photobicket code works for me)

Did some burgers last night:
Done-1.jpg
With a little help from the Egg, I got to defy the cold.
AtStart-1.jpg
The temperature had dropped to zero by the time I got home from work. I had pre-filled the Egg w. lump the day before, when it was a summery 13. Hit the lump with my MAPP torch for a little over a minute. Just had time to pattie up the burger. Found I was at 440 in 12 minutes.
12MinutesAtZero.jpg

I called the burgers "Quadro" burgers, because they were a mix of ground pork, beef, lamb and bison. I mixed them so that the different meats were not really much mixed together, and then formed with a burger press. So each bite was often a different flavor. Topped some with some artisanal cheeses from Carr Valley dairy.
My wife topped hers with a teriyaki-shitaki spread, and I did a honey-mustard. So, they were very flavorful, and a great way to stave off the ferocious cold.

Comments