Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

walleye experiences?

edited 8:25PM in EggHead Forum
got a nice mess of walleye...would like to put them on the egg, but i'm reluctant to do anything but frying them.[p]any suggestions, experiences, etc.[p]hambone
·

Comments

• SSDawgSSDawg Posts: 69
    hambone,[p]Went fishing in Canada last year, where we fried fresh walleye every day. Even though they were unbelievably good, I could also see how you might want to try sauteing them in a little butter, or tossing them on the grill for a couple minutes. Grill may be more difficult, but you could try putting them on a little foil.

·
  • Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
    hambone,
    I use a fish and vegie grill on the BGE grate, just spray it with a little olive oil.
    Usually cook them at about 450-500, takes about 4 minutes a side depending on the size on em.
    B D

·