Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For those about to Egg..We salute you!

Options
BostonEggSox
BostonEggSox Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm hoping we all now this AC/DC tune. It rocks and is inspirational.

Here's a shout out to all the Egger's that have helped me and all other newbies out there. My first year has been a blast.......success and failure.

When I pulled off this classic steak tonight, I was hoping CAEggFan would see this pic and know that there is hope!! With a tiny bit of practice, you can repeat this every day (or night).

100_1835.jpg

100_1832.jpg

Comments

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    That looks incredibly good! Nice work!!!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • BostonEggSox
    Options
    Thanks....And thanks for your positive feedback on the Big Mac Pizza! You will enjoy that one.

I am hoping this simple recipe (salt, pepper and steak) will conivince the newbies (especially CAEggFan) to stick with it.....just stick with the sear for 90 seconds each side.....drop to 400....and wait til internal temp hits 125........Oh yeah..don't burn your arm hairs :blush:

Heck, 7279 registered users means the product is doing some'n right.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Your webmasters WMK and WPB might be doing somethng right too.... at least we like to think so. ;-)

(Oh dude! I think I pulled a muscle patting myself on the back).

Really though, all kidding aside, it is a great product.

To paraphrase my sig...

"You can have my Egg when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"
  • BostonEggSox
    Options
    I second the shout out to the webmasters! Without this forum :( many of us Egger's would only realize about half the Egg's potential. Come to think of it stating "half" would be patting myself on the back ;)

Oh yeah, what happened to the Grandpa Grub links on the upper left corner of the homepage. That was very useful.
  • Central Pork
    Options
    I love AC/DC. My 15 year old son attended their concert last night in St. Louis. BTW the steak looks fantastic!
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    That looks deicious. I'm sure it just melted in your mouth. The picture is pretty incredible too.
  • BostonEggSox
    Options
    Thanks.

As easy as steak is (with initial guidance from the forum), I never post pics of it. I would not have posted the pic of this last morsel if it were not for that huge CAEggFan thread that continues. Right before it was eaten I figured that I would show him (and other newbies) what one of the easier Egg cooks could produce. Why "sell" one of the greatest products you could ever buy.

And, like WPB stated, where else are you going to find a website offering all this valuable information!!!

A year ago, this was the greatest hobby I never had. Once again, thanks to all the helpful people here. I hope to make an Eggfest soon B)