Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Bacon

Options
Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
For those who might be interested, here's a recent review. Haven't as yet tried any myself.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/22/FDJM13HNUH.DTL

Comments

• emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    I prefer the Butterball Turkey Bacon. I guess i don't look for any of it to replace bacon. I just want the best taste for Turkey Bacon. Everything needs to be the best flavor for itself. What do others think?
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    That is the brand we've been using for a couple years now and my 4.5 year old son wont touch regular bacon. Only eats that particular turkey bacon. I even use it on ABT's with great success along with FF cream cheese, pepper jam and a little seasoning to make a reduced fat ABT (personal favorite).
    3ingredients.jpg
    You can see the color differance in the turkey -vs- regular bacon. More red in color.
    finished.jpg
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    And what brand might that be? As I mentioned, I posted an on-line review, not a personal one. 8 - )
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    I have used the Applegate Farms uncured Turkey Bacon a couple of times. It reminds me of Canadian Bacon, which is not a bad thing - and works just fine when crisping it up on ABT's. One nice thing about the Applegate product is no nitrates!

Think I'll try the Louis Rich next time! Thanks for the article.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    On our 2nd package of Louis Rich Turkey Bacon...not too bad, but I do miss the crunch of the other stuff; even when I fry in non-stick pan...
    Can anyone get it crunchy? :huh: