Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TIP - check your serving vessel size

Options
mkc
mkc Posts: 544
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
I like WPB's salad dressing tip and wanted to add one we like

Use smaller plates/bowls/etc. Part of feeling satisfied is visual. Open space on your plate looks empty and leaves you wanting more so you'll pile on more food to fill it or go back for a second helping. There was actually a study done where people were given 2 different size bowls (both more than adequate) and access to ice cream. Those with the large bowls took more dessert (and finished it) than those with smaller bowls, and the amounts they took were roughly in proportion.

Over the years, the average dinner plate has increased significantly in diameter (just take a look at antique china and how much smaller the plates and cups are). What we use today would have been considered a platter years ago.

And shapes can be deceiving. I normally serve our soup in bowls and fill to the bottom line of the design. I can get 4 bowls out of a carton of Pacific tomato or roasted red pepper soup. For a change I grabbed the coffee mugs that go with that set, which aren't oversize. Filling to what appeared to be a nice-size mug, I only got 2 1/4 mugs of soup out of the same size carton. No more mugs of soup for us!
Egging in Crossville, TN

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Interesting thought. My wife changed to smaller plates four or five years ago and I complained loudly at the time but, you're both right. If my smaller plate looks full then I'm full when I'm done. Thank goodness she did that otherwise I'd weigh 350 - 400 today!!

Great suggestion for the members. :cheer: