Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loins this weekend for dad

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My dad turns 70 this weekend and he has requested that I do the Killer pork loin that I did for him last fall. It was the spiral cut, garlic,rosemary, salt, fresh pepper, roll it back up and tie it up with a bunch of bacon and let the egg do the rest. I have no idea who mentioned this process here first, but whoever it was, how do they say it these days.... "mad props to you"!!
I would like to do another loin, with some apples in it and maybe some other complimentary spices or herbs. I am looking to you, the forum, for suggestions for this second loin. What kind of apples would you suggest, any other comments woud be appreciated. I think this is going to get interesting, and i will report back on Monday. Thanks in advance.
Seth

Comments

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Seth Howard,
    I would recommend trying this.....takes a while to "put together" but it is well worth it.....have done this a couple times and it has never failed get raves......

[ul][li]Mr. Toads Pork Loin[/ul]
  • Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Seth Howard,[p]Not a "stuffed" loin(not a big fan of them) but vey good nonetheless.[p]Apple Glazed Pork Loin [p]3 pounds Boneless Pork Loin
    Cajun seasoning
    GLAZE
    1/2 cup Brown sugar, light
    1/4 cup Honey
    1 cup Brandy
    4 cups Apple juice or cider
    1 cup Cider vinegar
    1/4 cup Butter, melted
    1 teaspoon Cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon Allspice
    1/4 teaspoon Mace
    1/4 teaspoon Cardamon, ground
    2 tablespoons Cornstarch
    2 tablespoons Water[p]PREPARATION:
    Season pork with Cajun seasoning.[p]Combine the GLAZE ingredients, except the cornstarch and water, in a sauce pan and bring to simmer and cook for 1 minute.[p]Whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add to the hot glaze mix and continue cooking for another minute.[p]Let this cool COMPLETELY.[p]Place the pork in a large Zip-loc bag and add marinade and let sit overnight.[p]Remove pork, reserving the marinade, and allow to come to room temp.[p]Pre-heat your grill/oven to 500 degrees.[p]Place the pork on the grill and sear for 5 minutes. Turn over and sear for another 5 minutes. If using an oven, simply place in a roasting pan and sear for 10 minutes.[p]Turn the heat down to 400 and cook for another 30-40 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 145-155 degrees, basting every 15 minutes using the reserved marinade.[p]Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.[p]You can use any remaining marinade to serve with the meat. If you do this, boil the marinade first!
    __________________________________________________________[p]For the garlic lovers.......[p]Garlic Roasted Pork Loin [p]3-4 pound(s) Pork Loin
    10-20 Garlic clove(s)
    2 tablespoon(s) Tiger Sauce
    2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoon(s) A1 Steak Sauce
    2 1/2 tablespoon(s) Yellow mustard
    3/4 cup Orange juice[p]PREPARATION:
    Cut slits into the loin in various places. Stick your finger in the holes to make them slightly bigger and stuff a clove of garlic in each.[p]Combine the reminaing ingredients and pour over loin.[p]Marinate over night.[p]Heat grill to 500º.[p]Remove loin from marinade and let come to room temp. Do NOT remove garlic cloves.[p]Brush loin with oil and sear each side for 5 minutes.[p]Turn heat back to 400º and cook another 30-40 minutes until internal temp is 145º-155º.[p]Let rest for 10 minutes and slice thin to serve.
    [p]