Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TIP: How to "apply" salad dressing

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
I read an article on CNN with some weight loss tips. One of them was to not apply dressing to the salad, but to have the dressing on the side and dip your empty fork in the dressing before using the fork in the salad. I tried it, dipping about 1/2 inch into the dressing (in this case herbed vinegrette) before adding greens to the fork. I wound up using about half as much dressing as normal, and the amount on the fork was more than adequate.

Comments

• Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    That works. I always order my dressing on the side because if they apply it, my salad is so drowned in dressing it is basically inedible.
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    I saw that idea somewhere, too, and have been using.

What shocks you is when you see how much dressing you have left when you're done, and realize most people consume that entire thing.

I was especially aware of it at one of my neighborhood lunches. Most of the gals order salad and almost all will request dressing on the side. A couple do this, but ask for TWO things of dressing. They proceed to pour both over the salad before eating. :ohmy: When you think that each tablespoon of dressing can have as much as 100 calories and each of those little pour-y things is up to 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons).....
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Hep, that's an old WW trick we've been sharing in meetings for years. I'm always amazed when I hear some order "extra" dressing. I never use all that they give me on the side.