Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
336%3B696323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A4%3D933%3Dxroqdf%3E2323383677%3B56ot1lsi
<p />I did a London Broil today after soaking in a packaged marinade for eight hours, searing at 700° for a total of four minutes per side, dwelling for about five minutes to an internal temperature of 145°. It was tasty but a bit chewey. Any ideas why?[p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]A tough chunk of meat...they look the same as a fork tender piece. You did it all correct....[p]Like I always say "sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.[p]OK, it's over, what's up for tomorrow night?
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Mike in MN,
    Haven't thought of that - When you can't blame the cook, blame the critter. Cool...[p]Spring Chicken

• Spring Chicken, I've had pretty good success Egging the tougher meats such as London Broil and flank steaks by using the Jaccard beforehand. It really seems to make it quite a bit more tender. Not a cheap instrument to buy, but well worth it, IMO.