Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blue Swine Pie (& some answers)

Options
2»

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    how bout a poolman version of it, do it... do it....
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    can you pound out snowcrab? :blink: :huh:
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Jaw dropping great! Makes moink balls finish a distant 23rd.

I like the pie shape. Have you seen or made a meat cake? They are usually round meat loaves layered with various fillings, and "frosted" with mashed potatoes.
  • Zippylip
    Options
    I haven't made one, but I have seen shepards pie, isn't that the one with the potatoes?
    happy in the hut
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Look I'm going to file a law suit against that thing. Like A lion fish. Really beautiful but real dangerous!! :P Really making me hang my head in shame these days. Wife said your cheating!! :angry:
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    No, not like shepherds pie. Do a google on "meat cake" for images and pages on making them. Essentialy, the bread part of a cake is replaced by meatloaf, and the fillings and frosting by many different combinations. Sometimes, folks even do them as cupcakes.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    My gallbladder just exploded.....will contact you from ER if make it through the night.....Will need your attorneys name and address. It looked way too good! :woohoo:

LR
  • Zippylip
    Options
    yea, I have had enough pork for about 6 months after this one, this weekend is back to some nice veggie pizzas, fish & chicken
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    disturbing on so many levels aint it :laugh:
    happy in the hut
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    You are figgin insane....that thing is worthy of a food network show...I'm not a fan of spinach..but that thing looks awesome..made my mouth water and my stomach churn at the same time..you should seriously consider trying out for that food tv next star thingy...shootin from the hip is a wonderful gift..and of course I would be honored to be your manager.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    you,my friend , have erased the thin line that separates genius from insanity. this makes porkgasm look like childsplay.
    vi saluto,
    bill
  • Zippylip
    Options
    insane, perhaps, competition, never, if you pointed a gun at me & told me to come up with an idea or else, the 'or else' would result, I cannot do this on cue, that would require reflection & deep thought :ermm: :huh: :ohmy:
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    well now I know what we are cooking together at next PA Eggfest, a couple swine pies, a few pizza pies, & a whole F-load of asparafries how 'bout it?
    happy in the hut
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    that is amazing. friggin genius.

i thought you were gonna show a slice swimming in fat, but now that i look at it again, the loin ois of course pretty lean, and the salami was the only real fatty thing down low in the middle.

spectacular
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Zips-I think there should be Power rankings for the forum sorta like they do for pro-football. You, my friend, would be number one! I'm certain your wife tells you everyday how lucky she is :laugh:
    BC
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    and a porkgasm or two
  • Zippylip
    Options
    exactly, I did trim off as much of the loin fat as I could, & a lot of the bacon fat ran off the overlapped ends into a drip pan. I thought about poking a few holes in the bottom of the pie tin to let it run out through there, but when I took it out there wasn't much in there anyway with this set of ingredients. I imagine someone might put a layer of sausage or something real fatty in, then it would be a good idea
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    I disagree. And no she doesn't, she mostly tells me I'm nuts, and looks at me like I'm a three-headed lunatic that has escaped from some holding pen
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    better yet, that triple mush scrapple bacon tower you built :) - that looked very balanced & very tasty
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    better yet, that triple mush scrapple bacon tower you built :) - that looked very balanced & very tasty
    happy in the hut