Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Eggplant

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My neighbor gave me two eggplants to grill for him. I am looking for some suggestions to try.
I have read a lot of recipes that call for brushing with oil, salt and pepper and just grill it.
Is there a downside to marinading them in Italian Dressing?
I always get nervous when a neighbor asks me to cook something for them. If it were my eggplant, I would just try anything... must be the pressure.
Thanks!

Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Wardster:[p]I like olive oil over Italian dressing because the oil coats and holds spices better. Careful, you may get some flaming if you add any reserved oil as the eggplant cooks. I prefer the long, slender Asian eggplant sliced long ways in half. Grilled on the cut side first then flipped to the skin side. The skin holds a well cooked eggplant together.
    [/b]
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Thanks for the tip. What spices do you use? I have regular eggplants, I was planning on cutting them lengthwise in 1.4 in strips.
    Hope this turns out well....

Apollo Beach, FL
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Wardster:[p]Your favorite rub will do. I tend to like Cajun style rubs with my vegetables.
    [/b]