Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked up a 3+ pound London Broil for half price at the store today. I didn't have a clue as to how to fix it. I had read a few success stories on the Forum but none stuck. Some of the recipes appear to be many years old. A couple are very easy. Knowing how our group has grown I thought maybe someone has a more recent recipe. Appreciate your suggestions.[p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    GFW has it on his site. It is listed under "the Baptism". We just did a london broil a couple nights ago for fajitas. It was still a little too red in the middle though, so after we cut it I just heated it in the skillet intil it was no longer red. As far as prepping it...I usually just use my favorite rub of the week on them. [p]~nikki

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]I like to marinate overnight in beer. Beer is mildly acid and provides a gentle tenderizing of the meat. You will only taste a hint of the very strongest flavored ones in the finished meal. Dry the meat well with paper towels (dry meat browns better) and lightly salt and pepper one side just prior to a 3 minute sear per side using 600-700°F. Remove and slice across the grain into 1/4" strips and finish cooking in the egg using a cast iron pan.[p]Perfectly done every time as you can see the meal and pan juices for au jus.[p]Spin