Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alfredo

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a killer Alfredo sauce recipe? EShark making dinner tonight and that's his choice. AKA hips on a plate.

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    1 stick real butter, 1 small block cream cheese, 1 cup whole cream, 1 cup fresh parmesean.
    Melt slowly, covered over very low heat. I usually put all ingredients in pot a couple hours prior to warm to room temp(cept cream), before heating.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Wow!! My cardiologist would love you!! 8 - ) According to a quote from the now-known a-s h--e, "Every once and a while you just have to say "WTF"! And it's a wonderful world after all!!
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Don't forget the part when you drop over and start clenching your heart. :laugh:
  • Egg And I
    Egg And I Posts: 110
    Options
    Here's a not-too-caloric/cardiac version (serves 2);

In a saucepan that will hold 8 oz (dry weight) cooked pasta, melt 1 T of butter; whisk in 2 tsp flour; cook until light golden brown. Slowly whisk in (combined) 7 oz whole milk, 1 oz heavy cream. Add 1 smashed garlic clove, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper, 1/8 tsp fresh grated nutmeg. Simmer lightly until thickened. Remove garlic clove, whisk in 2 oz (1 cup) finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Remove from heat and cover as soon as cheese is melted and incorporated.

Add pasta (about 8 oz, cooked). Taste and correct seasoning as needed. Be prepared to thin with some of the pasta cooking water as the sauce thickens quite quickly. Serve in pre-heated bowls.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    From all the love, right?
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Hey, she didnt say anything about a healthy requirement. ;)
    I have cut back on the butter, used milk instead of cream, as well as LF cream cheese, but it just aint the same.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Todd,

I made a mushroom soup the other day with evaporated skim milk. I remembered you could boil it and therefore reduce it. What a waste of good mushrooms. :laugh:
    Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here is an option.

Pasta, Sauce, Fettucini Alfredo

Kyle,Here is one out of my recipe book that's good. This is normally served with Fettuccine :

1 lb Fettuccine (cooked)
    4 Tbs Butter
    3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
    1/2 cup Gruyere Cheese (grated)
    1/2 cup Heavy Cream (slightly whipped)
    1 Egg (lightly beaten)
    Salt and fresh ground Pepper to taste
    Chopped parsley to taste

1 Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
    2 Gradually add cheese, cream, egg, salt and pepper and cook until cheese is
    3 melted and mixture is smooth.
    4 Add noodles and toss lightly until noodles are evenly coated.
    5 Place servings on hot plates and sprinkle chopped parsley over the top.
    6 Serve with additional cheese on the side.

Recipe Type
    Pasta, Sauce

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Egret, 2006/04/05
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Well they made yours because it was easiest. They made enough for a minimum of 10 people. Boy oh boy it is filling. Very tasty. Does need garlic for sure and I believe AlaskanC is right on a dash of nutmeg. I would also throw in mushrooms, but I think we're on the verge of carbonara. I think I'll sleep very well tonight.
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    Options
    Glad to hear it was good! The last time I made it I added some Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express and it was absolutely amazing. Now I'm craving alfredo...