Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chilean Sea Bass

eggaholic
eggaholic Posts: 309
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,
I find myself in possession of a whole Chilean Sea Bass,and although I have Egged a lot of Salmon,Halibut and Tuna,this is totally new to me.
If anybody has any experience with this species they can share,I would be very grateful.
Thanks in Advance
Brian

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Eggaholic, I've eaten it and it is good but don't know that much about it. Try this link though and tell us how it turns out.

[ul][li]Chilean Sea Bass[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Eggaholic,
    It is a wonderful fish, though I understand it is becoming endangered so I have been avoiding buying it. If you already have some, it is a lot like halibut. A nice sweet mild white-fleshed fish. Cook it like you cook your halibut, and you are in for a treat!
    Enjoy
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • eggaholic
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks for the info. A buddy of mine is in the seafood industry and sent me home with the fish one day. He also indicated they were becoming endangered.
    Thanks again,
    Brian

• eggaholic
    Wise One,
    Thanks for the link, it helps a lot.
    I am still in the planning stages but will post results as soon as the deed is done.
    Thanks again,
    Brian

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Eggaholic,[p]I have tried it only once and used this recipe. Very good white meat.[p]Stogie[p]Indian Sea Bass [p]4, 6 ounce Sea bass, fillets
    2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil, virgin
    2 teaspoon(s) Lemon juice
    1 teaspoon Ginger, fresh, chopped
    1/2 teaspoon Garlic, minced
    1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
    1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
    1/2 teaspoon Kosher (coarse) salt
    1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, coarsely ground
    1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper[p]PREPARATION:
    Combine marinade ingredients.[p]Cover fish with marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.[p]Remove from marinade and coat each side with oil.[p]Grill over direct high heat for about 5-7 minutes TOTAL, turning once about halfway through.

• eggaholic
    Stogie,
    Thanks for the reply, it looks like a good mix of ingredients.[p]I'm going to thaw it out and Egg it as soon as my wife's appetite comes back, she has the flu.[p]Regards, Brian