Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm tires, and yes being lazy, but I know the forum will help!!

Options
Toe 49
Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have 4 friends (2 couples) coming over this weekend (3 share the same birthday) and I want to do someting on the Egg. We are planning on a 7:00 dinner. I'd like to do something that will take SOME time but not an overnight cook......leaning towards a roast, preferably pork, that might take 6 hours +/-. I basically want to be able to start it early enough to be able to enjoy company.....what would you guys recomment, or should I put on a Boston Butt some time Friday night around 10:00 and do a 20 hour +/- cook?

Comments

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Toe 49,
    Not only am I tires, but I'm also tired......

• Toe 49,[p]Two suggestions: one, you could do spare ribs, which take about 6 hours. Or,two, you could bone a Boston butt and cook it to about 175, then slice it. It's fantastic.[p]Lee
  • Seth
    Seth Posts: 79
    Options
    Toe 49,
    I would go to Sams and buy one of their whole pork loins, cut it into three pieces, and use two of them. spiral cut them both, slather one with rosemary and garlic, salt and pepper, roll it back up and put some bacon on it, and tie it up. With the other one, put some jerk seasoning in and on it and let them sit for a day, then throw them on for about 1 1/2 hour at 350* on a raised grid and show them how sir humpty works.
    Seth

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Toe 49,
    Hormel packages some pre marinaded pork tenderloing which are a breeze to cook. They also sell them plain so you can dress them up as you wish... very tasty and very easy to cook.

Apollo Beach, FL