Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Question?

Options
safetyman
safetyman Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For the last week, at home, I could go to this site and open a Subject: and read all of the RE: without having to click on each one. Here at work, if I click on the Subject: I have to click on each reply in order to read it. What am I doing wrong, maybe too much Holiday cheer.

Comments

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    Safetyman, try opening a message and then clicking on flat view in the bar above the message. I believe flat view opens all messages.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    sounds like you are in threaded view mode instead of flat view mode.
  • safetyman
    Options
    That was it, works like a charm. Thanks and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TXTriker
    Options
    The only thing I don't like about flat view, is it doesn't seem, at least for me, to mark the messages read like threaded does. Perhaps I'm missing something there.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes... It would also be nice to have RE: indented a bit so in flat view you could tell what post the RE: was realated to... I use flat view all the time (and I'm a site admin along with WMK) and I do find that irritating (not knowing the post relationship in flat view). I is something I'll address as time permits.

Apologies
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Thank you WPB for looking at that for us. I really appreciate it.
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    WPB,

On one of the flyfishing forums that I visit occasionly; their only option is flat view. One thing that is nice about it is that the reply title has the person's name that you are repling to in small type after the title. This makes it a little easier to follow. I use the flat view all the time here and something along those lines would be pretty sweet. But that is just a small nit pick that is probably not worth worrying too much over :) Thanks so much for all of ya'lls hard work on this forum.