Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first ribs

FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
edited 4:53AM in EggHead Forum
of the new year. Went for 5 1/2 hrs at 250 dome with Blues Hog Tenn. red.

101_2735.jpg
·

Comments

• reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Pat, those look fantastic!! Could go for some right now.
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    :lol: You're such a newbee :laugh: It's the 4th already,and these are your first ribs? :silly: Look good from here Pat ;)
    ·
  • This is a good start for the New Year Pat.
    Ross
    ·
  • Just pulled my first of the year too. I can't frigging believe I was stuck on WEBER for 29 years of marriage. I am sticking to the wife though. (don't want to spend too much money......joke)
    Rick
    ·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    wow pat those look real real good!!!
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I did ribs yesterday also Pat...they were the best I have done this year... :lol:
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Okay, I fell for it. They look good.

I use the Red on my PBE's....I like the viscosity of it.

DSC04645a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • OldWebersLastDays001.jpg
    OldWebersLastDays002.jpg
    OldWebersLastDays003.jpg
    OldWebersLastDays005.jpg
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Been there done that. 23 years of Weber Kettle. Here the last time I saw it.
    weber.jpg

I could have it at 350 and cooking "indirect" in 20 minutes in my sleep.
    ·
  • Yea. that looks like it.
    Rick
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I still have one. Fire it up maybe twice a year but can't bring myself to toss it because of the memories when the kids were small. Maybe one of these days :blush:
    ·
  • Great looking ribs Pat, I was eyeing the selection at Cosco this evening but didn't buy 'em. I'll have to get some by the weekend after seeing yours.
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,754
    I thought you were a better cook than that. Those look horrible, send them to AL. I will "dsipose" of them for you. B)
    ·
  • EgginDawgEgginDawg Posts: 747
    Pat. I've been eggless for a few days traveling but planning for my first cook of the new year tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you in Ocala soon. :laugh:
    ·
  • TBQueTBQue Posts: 101
    Those look outstanding!!!!!! Great first run!!
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    You got me with that title, Pat :) Great-looking ribs. Hope you are well!
    ·