Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yesterdays Cooks

Options
reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had our 5 yr. old granddaughter, Alexa overnight and she loves to cook so that's what we did, all day long. It started out with her making broccoli and cheese omelets (no pics). Camera crew wasn't awake at 6am. But after we cleaned up from breakfast, peanut butter cookies were next up.

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00066-2.jpg

(2) 5lb Boneless pork loins that were curing all week. We're addicted to this canadian bacon. Onto the egg with some sugar maple hardwood.

DSC00066-2.jpg

DSC00090-2.jpg

DSC00091-1.jpg

First fatties I ever made. They are fun, easy and sooo good.

Made 2 fatties. 1st one was with Jimmy Deans hot sausage, red, yellow & green pepper. A little shredded mexican cheese (reduced fat) to make them a little healthy. :) and rolled them in some DP Jamaican Firewalk.

DSC00078.jpg

2nd fattie...Jimmy Deans original, mixed in some maple syrup and rolled in JH Sugar Maple rub.

DSC00075-1.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

3 hours later

DSC00095.jpg

Maple fattie

DSC00093.jpg

Spicy stuffed fattie with a mango habanero glaze I put on after the picture.

Last but not least 2 pizzas- One veggie with sauteed red, green & yellow pepper, onions broccoli and reduced fat mozzarella. (practicing for the New Years resolution to eat healthier)

DSC00089-1.jpg

2nd pizza had turkey pepperoni, onions, and black olives.

DSC00092.jpg

Needless to say we're not cooking today.

Happy New Year to everyone!! I hope 2009 brings you health and happiness and lots of great cooks on your eggs.

Comments