Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Loin question

BeachbumBeachbum Posts: 61
edited 4:45AM in EggHead Forum
I am making Naked Whiz's pork loin tonight..

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/porkloin1.htm

It is around 2.25 lbs. If I want it to be done around 6:30 when should I put it on after I get the fire stabilized? Said it should be around 140 internal...

Thanks!

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,353
    Not seen nekked's writeup, but I like to cook them direct around 300, and it takes less than an hour. A 20 minute rest won't hurt, so 5:15 would be a good safe bet.

Happy cookin!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • 5:15 it is then.. thanks!
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,353
    Just read nekked's recipe, and I see it is stuffed, wrapped in bacon, and cooked indirect. I think you might need to add a half hour to that if you go that way!

With all that bacon, you can get away with a longer rest too....that builds in some flexability. A quarter to five will probably do ya.

Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Don't try to time your pork loin to the dinner.

Put the loin on a couple hours earlier than you think you'll need it -- then when it's done, double wrap it in HDfoil and old towels, and stash it in a camping "cooler."

It will stay hot for at least 4 hours, and "steam" in its own juices, becoming more tender with each passing minutes.

Let it have a long, wrapped rest time!

Trust me!

~ Broc
    ;)