Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Walmart precooked brisket vs. our brisket on BGE

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some friends are raving over the fully cooked, smoked briskets they can buy at Walmart.. I know they are about $6 plus per lb. I haven't tried it.. How about some pluses and minus about this.. They seem to insinuate that this is as good or better than mine off the BGE and no cooking or preparaton work.

Comments

• davewolfs
    Options
    Babyray wrote:
    Some friends are raving over the fully cooked, smoked briskets they can buy at Walmart.. I know they are about $6 plus per lb. I haven't tried it.. How about some pluses and minus about this.. They seem to insinuate that this is as good or better than mine off the BGE and no cooking or preparaton work.

Why not go try for yourself and let us know what you think?
  • Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Options
    Thought I would get the benefit of some of your expertise since I did not wish to fool with this if I had some sensible answers from some of you who have tried both.. Thanks..
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I seriously doubt that you will find anybody here that would even try the WM brisket. -RP
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Your buds are winding you up. Trying to get you to Egg some more for their tasting and comparison while they didn't even try the WM brisktrash. Next they will tell you the rotisiree chicken at the local choke and puke is good so you will Egg some chickens. I used this ploy on my mother-in-law for years to get her to make gumbo - bad son-in-law. :evil:
  • momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    You realize of course there are people who prefer spaghetti sauce out of a jar over homemade? ;)

It's probably something they are used to and that's why they like it better. I for one can't even imagine buying precooked meat.