Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini Sweet Peppers

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited 1:56AM in EggHead Forum
I bought this VERY large box of mini sweet peppers because they were gorgeous. All kinds of lovely colors. Anyone have a vague idea on what to DO with them? Other than put tiny bulbs in them and use them for Christmas lights, that is.
·

Comments

• PorkchopPorkchop Posts: 155
    Mollyshark, did you get those at sams? i was thinking of getting some to make ABT's, with maybe some pineapple cream cheese in the middle.[p]you could also just saute them and put them on polish sausage or italian sausage.[p]or pickle them?

·
  • GloriaGloria Posts: 161
    Mollyshark,
    I did the same thing...got them from Costco. I like to slice them in l/4's, add red onion, grape tomatoes sliced in half, a cucumber chopped, olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, fresh parsley, and coarse-ground pepper. Let it sit out while you throw some sort of animal on the Egg...it is better at room temp.

·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Porkchop,[p]I gave into the Costco phenomenon. Go in to get 2 new pillows and come out with $250 worth of stuff...including an extremely large package of peppers. Sigh. But the yoga outfit has worked out nicely as has the car floor mats and the bird seed catcher.[p]Since there is a leg of lamb slowly cooking today, the pepper salad sounds like a nice accompaniment. I'll put aside some for the poppers. By Friday, I could use them!
    ·