Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First try on ABTs

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
13898316.jpg
<p />I was inspired by the Atomic Buffalo Turd thread. Never had tried them. They'll be going on as soon as the ribs come off. Thanks for the idea!

Comments

• shiek, I am very intrigued by these ABTs. Once you have scraped out the seeds, etc. from the peppers, do they remain very hot. I do not mind a certain degree of heat, but do not want alot of it. How are these things heat wise and if too hot, could you make them with a milder pepper. Thanks for reply.

• slicktop,Jalapenos vary from mildly hot, to some pretty good hot. The peppers from local grocery stores aren't usually that spicy. I won't know about these until later today when the wife gets home from work I'm gonna cook em. Filled em with a variety of meat; fried ham,smoked sausage, pepperoni, and fried italian sausage. Two different cheeses; creme cheese,and sharp cheddar. No Two alike. I'm hoping for good results.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    shiek, let us know how they turn out for you. Typically I use a full strip of bacon on peppers that size and wrap them around the entire pepper much like you would wrap tape around a bat handle (or golf club or tennis racquet). Small overlap and cover the entire pepper. However, as they say "the proof is in the pudding". Let us know how these turn out.

• Wise One, this is a first try. Got the stuffing ideas from that chiligrill.com link in the thread further down on ABTs. Do you think the peppers will turn out poorly if I don't wrap completely? I'm gonna hang them vertically by the toothpicks on a rib rack. Hoping they don't get soft and fall apart. Suggestions are always welcomed.

• CR
    CR Posts: 175
    slicktop, if you remove all the seeds and get all the veins(these are the light colored strings) scraped out the Jalarenos are actually very mild. Experiment a little and you will get the feel for how much seeds/veins to leave in for your liking.