Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Made pastrami

CR
CR Posts: 175
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I did pastrami over the weekend. It was so easy and really came out fantastic. If you are a pastrami fan try it on the BGE.[p]This was my first try at this so all I did was buy a small corned beef brisket(about 2 pounds). Rinsed well with cold water. Applied a liberal amount of Montreal Seasoning and patted into brisket. Cooked direct with a grid extender at 250° until internal temp of 165°. Threw in two small handfuls of hickory chips at beginning of cook. This took about 2 hours(1 hr/pound) to cook.[p]I tried a little piece about fifteen minutes and thought I had made a big mistake but...after overnight in the refrigerator and then slicing very thin it was absoultely fantastic.[p]Next I may try to learn how to brine the brisket myself instead of buying a corned beef although this turned out very well.[p]CR[p][p]

Comments