Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco ohhhhh!

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Great experience at Costco today! They had "Tenderloin Steaks" on sale $6.99/lb, so I bought half a dozen steaks (the only smaller pack only had two ... and ... well two just isn't enough for anything)! I also bought the 5lb pack of hot Italian sausage (perfecxt fort the nice weather)! ]I finished off the shopping with a 4.5 lb brisket. She's a beuty. Also bought some seasoning, and other stuff, but can't wait to get cookin'.[p]Smokey

Comments

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    Smokey,
    I was at Sam's last night and couldn't get a good price on any meats. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I don't like it. I might need to get a second job to support my EGG/Meat habit.[p]Bama Fire

• Smokey
    Options
    Bama Fire,[p]I had a new discovery! Many people post about the benefits of using a plastic bag to marinade chicken, meat, etc. Well, it does work well, unless you have a pin size hole in the bag. I think a chicken bone pierced the bag. Well, the chicken was getting "Happy" in the fridge and the concoction I added was leaking all over the shelf (what a mess)![p]Smokey

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    don't buy your ribs at Wally-World! They've gotten into the habit of scoring the membrane on the back with a sharp knife. Makes it almost impossible to remove the membrane! I thought of some "choice" names for 'em while I was doing the membrane thing! Then I happen to ask them about it, they said that's "company policy"! [p] Dr. Chicken's "policy"?....don't buy ribs from 'em again!

• Bama Fire
    Options
    Smokey,
    Ouch. What a fun way to start the weekend![p]One helpful hint, place the bag in a bowl or on a plate and the place in the frig. If you have a leak, hopefully, the plate catches all of the leakage.[p]BF

• Smokey
    Options
    Bama Fire,[p]Great advise, just a little late!

• Bama Fire
    Options
    Smokey,
    I had to learn from my own mistakes, too. Oh, well.