Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Mini\'s First cook!

BasscatBasscat Posts: 659
edited 6:22AM in EggHead Forum
Mini's home..
5C272183.jpg

Ready to start.
5C272187.jpg

Fire in the Hole!
5C272192.jpg

Starting with a baked potato at 400 for an hour
5C272198.jpg

Then a couple or Brats from a local farmer
5C272201.jpg

Made a great meal!
5C272202.jpg

Held 400 like a rock despite high winds and cold temps. I think I'm going to love this thing and use it a lot! Got a 13 pound turkey for the Medium tomorrow, think I'll do sweet potatoes in the Mini....
·

Comments

• you lucky Dawg.
    ·
  • Very well done. That is a very nice cooker to have around.

Mike
    ·
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    The mini is sooooo cute. Just might have to get one to add to the family. What's the cooking grate size on them?
    ·
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 659
    9.5 inches. A couple of burgers, a few brats. Heats up quick, doesn't use much charcoal. And cute as heck, while being a mean little cooker:-)
    ·
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 659
    Thanks! Tried to take it easy on the gasket for the first go (the kit included an extra gasket with a note about this lot having gasket problems...), and I was impressed with how easy it was to keep the temp where i wanted it. It's a great little cooker. The cake pan and foil worked fine for an improvised raised indirect. I'm gonna have fun with it :laugh:
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Everyone who has a mini loves it and I can see why! Congrats!
    ·
  • The mini's are great fun. Sure glad I have one.

GG
    ·
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    I love ours. Hickory smoked a marked down [.99 cents lb] 5 lb turkey breast yesterday that came out great.
    Sliced it up and then toasted some tortilla rounds on the mini using a 8 inch pizza stone from Amazon and had some turkey wraps.

E
    ·