Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brined spatchcocked chicken

MrCoffee
MrCoffee Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I read all the recent posts about not needing to brine chicken and the great advice from TNW that everyone should try it once. So, yesterday I picked up a fresh chicken, spatchcocked it and soaked it overnight in a combination of kosher salt and natural sugar with some DP Tsunami Spin to perk it up a notch. I brined it overnight in a FoodSaver marinade dish with a vacuum pulled on it.
Opened it up today, added a little more Tsunami Spin and egged it at 350° direct on a raised grid for just over an hour. It was delicious. The salt flavor penetrated the chicken pretty well and the rub added the final touch. Followed it up immediately with some blackberry muffins baked at 425° for 12 minutes and life is good.
I don't know if the FoodSaver vacuum helped, but it sure didn't hurt the brining a bit. Had to grill a steak for the little lady since she won't eat chicken. Even cooked at 350° direct on the bottom grid, she said it was also quite good. And if you wandered, I was careful not to place the ribeye under the chicken when both were on the egg.[p]Terry

Comments