Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monster Pork chop, shooting from the hip.....

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
b]I usually blow my toes off when shooting from the hip, but this one worked out extremely well.[p]I found a monster bone-in rib chop in my garage fridge from JJ's pork source in AL, brought home from a visit last summer.[p]This puppy had been around a long time although rock hard frozen all the while. Almost 2 inches thick and registering 2.2 lbs. on the Soenhle, it was time for a quick and dirty lunch experiment.[p]I brined it for a couple of hours in the standard salt/brown sugar/water mix, rubbed it with Dizzy Dust all purpose and then painted it with mustard. It went on the small Egg DIRECT at 300°, but not directly over the hot coals. Nope, no plate setter, no wood chunks, etc. I just flipped it every 10 minutes until the internal temp hit 140 (less 45 minutes) and pulled it off. [p]Cranked the Egg up to 600° and then did just 90 seconds per side. I was using an extra small grid on 4 inch bolts so as not to be so close to the flames. The result was not as much char as I would have liked, but the taste was wonderful.[p]Sometimes, the simplest cooks are the best. Gizmo and I enjoyed the hell out of it (she got quite a bit).[p] p]K~G[/b]

Comments