Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What I want for Christmas

Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is my choice of one of these, once a month:

Peter Luger's Locker

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Mmmmm meat!Cool! I love the panoramic viewing ability.
    Happy holidays!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • When I saw Peter Luger, I thought it said Peter Ruger:
    348553058.jpg
  • For you to post that. Now I want one, too.

Or three.

I was expecting........cigars from you. :woohoo:
    Glad I was wrong. ;)
  • Fidel
    Luger's is the #1 rated steakhouse in NYC for 24 or 25 years running. They are in south Brooklyn and the atmosphere there is almost as good as the steak....almost.
  • Fidel
    I've got more cigars than I can probably smoke in my lifetime. I have at least 1000, if not 1200 in my humidor at home and another few hundred at the office.

The beef on the other hand ... pure yum.
  • Call me dumb, but how does Morten's (sp?) compare to Luger's?
  • Fidel
    Morton's can be very good or very bad. One of the worst "prime" steaks I ever ate was at a Morton's in Phoenix.

That being said, I've had great steaks at Morton's in several cities. For a chain they are very good.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Just drooled all over my keyboard. That would last a couple of months :whistle:
  • Glad your not hard to please. :P :ohmy: Great pictorial.

Mike
  • My niece works in marketing for Morton's and is always promoting them to me. My response is..."I have a BGE, why would I want a steak from Morton's?" Then the Evil Eye comes out :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
  • Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    I shoot Ruger 45s for SASS.

Recently bought a S&W 686, 7 shot, .357, with a 4 inch barrel for concealed carry. Added Crimson Trace grips with the red sight beam. It shoots to the dot. Don't even look at the sights.

I have autos but like the "7 for sure" of the revolver.
  • 686 for concealed? You wearing overalls? Just picked up this Ruger...love it. Would put it up against my BGE any day :laugh: Are the laser grips worth the $$$? Toyed with the idea
  • Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Laser grips are worth the $300. The red beam is intiminating.

The County Sheriff offered a 24 hours course over 8 weeks on how justice is dispensed. The best informational course I have taken.

In addition to the presentations, we got to shoot an auto rifle, drive a patrol car & experience the simulator with a rifle, shotgun & auto. 4 of our 20 member class were killed by the bad guys/girls either because they missed or were late in firing.

I rode a 12 hour shift with a deputy that proved to be the perfect culmination to the course.

As a Vietnam, air combat verteran, I have total respect for those who put their life on the line daily.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Was it the Morton's at Kierland Commons in Scottsdale? Just wondering because we eat there frequently and I've never had a bad steak. I don't know of any other Morton's in the Phoenix area.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    That's not really asking for too much is it? :)
    How did you get that photo? That cooler is amazing.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    :woohoo: Damn,
    Ya done found GOLD. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We used to have a very small dry age room when I worked in the meat plant but it was small, maybe 150 to 200 sq.ft.

Ya got us all drooling. Great find.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Fidel
    I don't recall exactly where it was. I want to say it was on Camelback (I wasn't driving). I believe it was close to the Capital Grille - maybe caddywompus across the street.

This was back in 2004 or 2005. Not to go into bad details but it was a filet and it was very poorly trimmed, had a terrible ribbon of sinew running through it, and it was obviously forgotten in the kitchen because it was overcooked, yet cold.
  • Fidel
    The photo was just posted in the NY Times web edition. A friend shot me the link last night so I posted it here.

I love looking at the contrast between the two racks on the right of the pedestal fan. You can really see the effects of dry aging between the two.