Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dedication

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I invited 15 of my neighbors over for some Eastern NC bbq cooked on the BGE this past weekend. Of course, it would be the coldest weekend we've had this Winter in Colorado but I was determined. I put 2 7lb butts on Saturday evening and stabilized temp at 225. At 6:30 am Sunday, the BGE was still at 200, though it was near Zero outside. The butts hit 200 internal at 5pm. Needless to say, a good time was had by all. Another BGE success story![p]By the way, it was so cold outside, I had to put my beer on ice to keep it warm. Thats Cold![p]
In my mind, I'm going to Carolina....

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Tarheel Tom,[p]Nice! Nothing like bringing a little NC to the Rockies...
    too bad you couldn't conjure up some of the 70 degree weather they've been having .... though it sounds like you made do and did good, regardless![p]Beer on ice to keep it warm?[p]Thawed Beers,
    John

• WooDoggies,[p]Yes, the ice kept the beer at about 35 vs. the outside of about 9 degrees. Unbelievable.

• Still Smokin'
    Options
    Tarheel Tom,
    Did you sway anyone to consider buying an egg? If any meal would do it, pulled pork would!

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Still Smokin',
    Did you make the pulled beef?
    RhumAndJerk

• Still Smokin'
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Not last weekend like I wanted too. Satuarday woke up to flood water surrounding the house. Luckily it never got it. Saturday night, winds went to 40mph with gusts to 60mph. Rain stopped Sunday, wind continued until Monday. Not a good q'n weekend.[p]Did make it to the store. My local Kroger only gets in pre-cryo packed beef. No beef shanks. (Last summer I went 3 weeks before one of my local stores got in a brisket). I am going to try and find one somewhere this week. We only have one butcher in town, and he is only open during the regular work day, and and on the other side of town. The worst part of a small city is not a lot of variety. No one here has ever heard of chorizo, oh well. I will try Sam's Club, you never know. At a worst case, will do a pork shoulder while I continue to search for a beef shank.[p]thanks for asking, I will post as soon as I do one.

• Still Smokin',[p]Yes, I converted at least one to the BGE. He not only enjoyed the bbq, but saw the value of the insulating capabilities in the Colorado climate.