Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

putting on egg mate shelves

StarscreamerStarscreamer Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
now this is not for me...so don't flame me lol

Have a customer with an assembled egg sans mate shelves. The want to now put them on, I am cautioning against it, but they are insistant. Any recomendations on the procedure?
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    He is going to have to take the bolt out of the bottom band to get blind bolts on, not too difficult. -RP
    ·
  • Why caution against it? They're meant to be installed aftermarket and the directions accommodate that. Biggest thing is to lock the hinge with the two plastic pieces (and a ty-wrap to hold the plastic in place isn't a bad idea either).

Lock the hinge, loosen or remove the band, place the special bolts in the band, reassemble egg, assemble shelves.
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Tell your customer to wait till Saturday and I'll put the Eggmates on for him..

It's actually rather easy.
    ·
  • We got it all situated...just this guy was pure mechanically declined if you know what I mean. Our warehouse staff made the run, all is good.
    ·
  • DryFlyDryFly Posts: 351
    Do they plan on discontinuing the wooden Mates now that the plastic ones are out?
    ·