Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE Dealer in Champaign, IL and Arthur, IL

Options
Smoke Diver
Smoke Diver Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
During Steak and Eggs in Chicago, I found out that we have a new BGE dealer in the area with stores in Champaign and Arthur. I recently spoke with the owner who owns both Old Time Meat & Deli in Champaign and Dutch Valley Meats in Arthur. He has plans for future demos and a potential Eggfest. I am eggcited about all of the new good things that will be happening in Illinois in addition to all of the good things that have been happening.

I can personally vouch for the quality of the meats that they carry. We are egging one of their prime ribs for Christmas. They are also the source of the ground lamb that I used to make the gyros at the Peoria Eggfests.

Happy Holidays!

Smoke Diver
Smoke Diver

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Hi Rick! Glad to see the BGE dealer market spread sideways in IL! Back in the 60's as a young auditor with PW & Co I spent many days and nights in the Arthur area. Not sure that too many of those Amish buggies will be taking home a BGE, but if the meat comes from that area I'm sure even the lowest cut is prime and pure! Happy Holidays to you, Beth and the "kids"!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Smoke Diver
    Options
    Hi Ron,

I noticed I goofed and meant to say the Peoria Eggfest and not the Bloomington Eggfest. Ah well - too many long hours at work! You were right - it is easy to edit.

I waved in your direction as I passed Peoria last week on my back from Iowa. I managed to make it home just before the ice storm hit.

Hope to get some egging and woodturning in over Christmas. Maybe if I do it right, I can use the curls from woodturning for smoking.

Happy Holidays.

Smoke Diver
    Smoke Diver
  • Sweathog
    Options
    My wife is from Arthur, and we were just there this weekend. Her younger brother is making me an egg table, and, boy, you should see it. Just bought him a small egg as payment. Got the egg in Effingham as Dutch Valley Meats doesn't carry the small at this time. Mrs. Sweathog seconds the fact that they have good meats. If they do an EGGfest, we'll be there.

Sweathog
  • belle's dad
    Options
    Where is the store located in Champaign? We visit some very close friends in Champaign about once a year. I grew up in Champaign. I'm a card carrying alumni of the U of I. Wife from Urbana. Anyway, friend buys meat from that store, I think.

Gordon
    Vero Beach, FL
  • Smoke Diver
    Options
    Hi Gordon,

Wish I was in Florida right now. It is raining and turning to ice with some snow coming on top of it. I forgot to cover my eggs so I may need to thaw them out to open them for my Christmas prime rib. I bet that is one thing you don't have to deal with in Florida very often.

The store address is 2018 South Neil Street. It is a half mile to a mile west of the intersection of Kirby and Neil. Nice people and great meat!

Happy Holidays!

Smoke Diver
    Smoke Diver
  • belle's dad
    Options
    Been there. Thought that was probably the store. Bought some great filets there about four months ago. Twas a bit warmer then. Go Illini - beat Missouri tonight.

Gordon
    Vero Beach, FL