Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest 2003

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I spoke with Dale this morning, and have obtained some new details regarding the Eggfest in Maryland this May. I am in the process of putting together the website, but since it is only 10 or so weeks away, I figured I would update yall on some of the details so you can start making plans for a REAL fun weekend.[p]Dates:
Friday May 2nd..4:00 pm (meet and greet, followed by all-you-can-eat/drink crab/seafood feast)
Saturday May 3rd, 9:30-5:00 (The Eggfest)[p]Location:
Seasonal Distributors new building (both meet/greet and Eggfest)
12030 Trade Zone Ct., Waldorf (301) 705-1900[p]Demo Eggs (including nest, thermometer, spring hinge, daisy wheel) will be available for a mere $485. These are new eggs that have been cooked on for one day.[p]Hotel: This year, the main hotel will be the same one as the first Eggfest. Comfort Suites has blocked off 30 rooms for Eggfest attendees. Info can be had at 800-517-4000. Their address is:
Comfort Suites, 11765 Buisness Park Drive, Waldorf, MD 20601. It is very close to where the Eggfest will be held. If this fills up, there are many other hotels in the area.[p]Costs: Crab/Seafood Feast $35 per person...includes bus trip, and all you can eat/drink at Cap'n Billy's.[p]Eggfest: $40 per person gets you in, and pretty much all you can eat...needless to say there will be plenty of great food going around. Also there will be sodas, and plenty of Sam Adams on tap.
NOTE! This year, those attendees who are cooking will get a reduced rate. The cost will be $25 for those that cook.[p]For those who have not been to one of these events before, it is a load of fun...and a great learning experience. The friendly folks you will meet makes it worthwhile in itself. Add in the fun, the good food, the doorprizes, the comradery and you have a great way to spend the weekend! For those who have been before, you know what I am talking about.[p]I will post a link to the website as soon as I have it up.
Thanks for listening![p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Qbabe, who jumped right on the phone to reserve her room, just called me to tell me the 800 number is not gonna work for reserving your room.[p]Instead, call (301) 932-4400, and mention that you would like to reserve one of the Eggfest rooms.[p]Thanks!
    Chris

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]We're there.....![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Nature Boy,
    I don't own an egg, but I'd certainly love to attend an eggfest to see how it is used and meet some of the owners.
    However, I live in Dallas, so I cannot come to CT. Are there any eggfests close to TX?

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    anthony,
    Eggfest is actually in Maryland. So, that's closer to TX than CT is! Oh well.....
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]We just called and got our room reservation. We are planning on cooking several things, maybe just cook all day. Meatloaf, atomic buffalo turds and smashed marinated chicken are what I have planned to do. Might add more :-)[p]We are looking forward to seeing everyone and having another great eggfest!

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Boccie,
    I must have missed the smashed marinated chicken. Tell me more![p]Thanks! TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Take boneless skinless chicken breasts, and smash them really flat. Marinade overnight in a ziplock with Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing and a big hunk of Romano chesse grated in it. Grill on a raised grid at 600 for about 3-4 minutes per side.[p]~nikki[p]P.S.- I got this recipe from someone else..don't remember who, but he used a different kind of dressing, and didn't add cheese.

• Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    Nature Boy. I'll be there for both activities. I live in Frederick, MD and I will not require a room unless of course Sam Adams has his way with me. As of a few weeks ago, my ribs were selected to be in the Eggfest 2003 collage. What an honor.

• CPD120
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Hey All!
    We are new to the World of Egg, and considering making the trip out to the Eggfest. I would like to know more about the weekend and how we can get signed up to cook.

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    My reservations are made, Chris. Sign me up to cook, also.[p]Jim
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Zeke,
    I`m in College Park..and trust me....you want to stay there, this will be our third Eggfest and the adventure starts when you arrive on Fri. and dont end till you leave on sun. It`s worth staying for not all of the activities are part of the "official" Eggfest..LOL..we tend to let our hair down later in the evening...look forward to meeting you..[p]Wess

• Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    I'll be there come H E L L or high water. I have already put in my leave slip for the two days and can hardly wait.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Cool, thanks for the details! I've already made my room reservation, so this year I'm in for the long haul!!![p]Cornfed
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]See you there.
    Heeeeeeeeeee![p]WD

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p] Well count Barb & i in again. Room is book for Thurs May 1st so now all i need is N.B to invite us over for a snack when we land.LOL[p]Earl
    Lady told me rooms are booking fast so don't get left in another hotel where there is no party going on.

• StumpBaby
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Tryin to convince my brother to come..AKA Mr.McForehead..he's a bit shy..suppose I would be too..with that large cranium to look after.[p]StumpBaby

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Damn. This happens every year. The big Mayfest thing here in Fort Worth is always the first weekend in May. My son is a performer with one of the dance troupes here and they perform there every year. Since he is like center-stage, it is hard for him to miss. I'll have to talk to him about this one. Would sure love to get out there![p]mShark
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Our room is booked and Sally and I will be cooking, not sure what yet..look forward to the webpage to get the registration finalized, and even more look forward to the good time to be had.[p]Wess

• PG
    PG Posts: 50
    Options
    Nature Boy, Kim and I have made our reservations and will cook but undecided as to what yet.....Earl don't forget the mini beers....Page