Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite holiday drinks

Options
Charleston Dave
Charleston Dave Posts: 571
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This time of year, I imagine we have some favorite libations.

Eggnog w/ bourbon is the obvious one, and we had a thread about wassail recently. Mulled wine is fine (altho likker is quicker, as they say :evil: ).

Lately I've been enjoying a chai latte with a splash of amaretto. It's sweeter than I usually drink, but the flavors go well together. Something different during the cool time of the year.

Anybody have another favorite to propose?

Comments

• Meat
    Meat Posts: 233
    Options
    Warm apple cider with a shot of Captain Morgan spiced rum. Rim the cup with cinnamon sugar like you would salt on a margarita glass. Mmmm... good. I usually dump a gallon of cider in a crock pot and let it simmer. FG
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    the rum and apple cider sounds like a great "wake me up " on a day like today. 24* outside. Egg nog and a good bourbon to celebrate on Christmas otherwise beer is REALLY good. :evil:
    Bob
    Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    What tops the list here; 'Wet' Gin Martini's with a Pearl olive (shaken, not stirred).

Been makin Whisky Old Fashions-Sweet (excellent for Thanksgiving). Alpine instant spiced cider mix with a splash of rum and hot water (belly warmers after shoveling snow).
    Wassail, making another batch tomorrow (for Xmas Eve). Martini & Rossi Asti sparkling wine, (gets the ladies in the groovin mood!!!) Hand crafted, heavy, rich and strong beers at root celler temp (48 degrees, that's how I like'em).
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    i like to start the morning with a bloody mary or two three, good vodka like grey goose or something. then start cooking. everything in it, tomato juice, worcestershire, clam juice, tobasco, horseradish, lemon, shrimp, green olives, celery.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Appleton's V/X of course.

100_1702.jpg

Happily Plagiarized from The Pool Man..

Anybody care to give a case to a homeless cart pusher?
  • dls2122
    Options
    My family has always enjoyed Tom and Jerry's after shoveling the driveway. You can buy the mix at most liquor stores in the fridge or freezer. Add hot water and booze. Very sweet - egg whites and powered sugar for the most part - kids get it without the alcohol, they love it.