Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cornish hens

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can anyone suggest a good method and recipe for cooking four cornish hens. The Barbecue store is out of cornish hen sitters and I don't know when they will be getting any. Or, better yet, does anyone know an alternative site to buy cornish hen sitters. [p]Thanks
Bill Smith

Comments

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Bill Smith,
    You don't need sitters. I find them highly overrated anyway. 350° for about an hour sitting in the "natural" position will do just fine. For photo proof check out the link.

[ul][li]cornish game hens[/ul]
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Bill Smith,
    You can beer-butt them with single-serving juice cans.
    Ken

• Aron
    Aron Posts: 170
    Options
    Bill Smith,[p]Can't help you with the sitters, but as far as a great recipe, I just tried the Parmesian Cornish Hen located in the recipe section of this website (under poultry), and it is also found in the Bill Wise composed BGE recipe book posted on a few of the members' websites (The Naked Whiz's for sure, and I don't remember the others who have it). Only thing I did differently was to use Feta instead of Parmesian cheese, since it was all I had on hand, and it came out delicious. No sitters needed, just a drip pan. If you have a v-rack, I guess that'd work too, but I don't have one so I just placed them directly on a second grill on top of the pan.[p]Aron
  • Citizen Q
    Options
    Bill Smith,
    I just split them right down the middle, rub em down with olive oil and various herbs and spices and grill them direct in a 350 degree Egg for about 15-20 minutes per side.
    Crispy, juicy and delicious every time.

• Well, I decided to go a little gourmet and try JJ's parmesan hens. They were de-licious! Thanks to everyone for the help and guidance. And especially a big thanks to JJ.
    Bill Smith

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Bill Smith,
    Parmesen hens were on the menu here tonighgt too. YB suggesteds that I remove the back bone and cook them at 350º
    they were terrific.